ShipParts.com is a digital solutions provider for the maritime supply chain. Originally founded as an e-procurement platform for marine equipment and spares, ShipParts.com now provides big data analytics and a range of services helping companies in their digital transformation.
We care about your privacyShipParts.com, is committed to respect Your privacy and to comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. The purpose of this Privacy Document is to explain how ShipParts.com and its authorized partners and affiliates (“We” or "Us”) process Your personal data related to www.ShipParts.com websites and internet services ("Websites"). "Personal data" means any information that can be directly or indirectly used to identify You or another individual. ShipParts.com processes Your personal data in accordance with the laws of People's Republic of China and other applicable personal data legislation. In the following, We provide information on the kinds of data We collect on these Websites and the purposes for which We use such data.
1.Collection of InformationWe collect, process and use your information when you:
- Register for our Services or sig- in to an existing account
- Visit our website(s)
- Access our application(s)
- Connect to our Services using third-party accounts, such as your email, social media or payment account(s)
- Contact us for support
- Participate in our procurement or influencer programs
- Enter a survey or poll
- Interaction with our Services
- Location-identifying technologies
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities
- First and last name
- Unique personal identifier
- Email address
- Mailing, billing and/or shipping address
- Phone number
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you;
- How you connect to our Services, such as your IP address, unique device identifiers, device or session IDs and information regarding the network and connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device and carrier), and system configuration information
- Click-stream data including length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data meaning the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through our services) on our website ONLY.
2.Purpose of processingThe purpose of processing Your personal data is to
- Ensure the content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve the Website in order to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
- Develop Our Websites for a better quality and broader scope of services
- Provide customized services and content recognizing your specific needs and interests
- Communication between Us and You and reply to Your contact requests, enquiries and feedback
- Provide marketing information for ShipParts.com products or services via targeted e-mails or interpersonal communicati
3.Legal basis for processingThe legal basis for processing Your personal data is
- Performance of a contractual relationship between You and Us (e.g. contacting You in relation to subscriptions and registrations based on Your subscription)
- Legitimate Interest of ShipParts.com (e.g. observing Your website usage in order to ensure an efficient and secure use of Our websites, to develop our services, to provide customized content to make Our services more relevant to You, to provide marketing material and to collect statistics)
4.Sources of personal dataYour personal data is either collected from You at the time of registration or contact inquiry etc. We may also access personal data that You have provided to ShipParts.com by other means, e.g. through Our ShipParts.com Online customer portal, since Our online systems may be connected to each other. Furthermore, Your personal data may be received from online technologies, such as cookies, in order to apply filtering, observe usage and develop Our websites and services.
5.Storing personal dataWe handle Your personal data that You have provided to Us (such as profile and contact details) separately from observed data about online service use and derived data, typically in separate databases. Observed or derived data about service usage is always stored using identifiers that are typically randomly generated and thus users cannot be personally identified from the identifiers. Your personal data is stored as long as necessary in relation to the purposes for which the personal data was collected, unless there is a legal obligation to retain the personal data longer.
6.Disclosure and transfer of personal dataShipParts.com may handle Your personal data only according to the defined purposes of processing. Moreover, processing of personal data may be outsourced to Our suppliers, consultants and other service providers to enable the performance of services for Us. Furthermore, personal data can be disclosed to third parties in the following situations:
- We may disclose to our advertisers segment data about observed users for the purpose of targeting advertisements. Advertisers shall not combine this data to an identified user's personal data without the user's consent
- We may also disclose personal data to authorities or to other parties based if required to do so by law Data may be transferred to third parties for scientific or historical research purpose, provided that the information has been anonymized so that the data subject can no longer be identified
- In the case of mergers, acquisitions, or other kinds of re-arrangements of our business operations, personal data may be transferred to buyers and their advisors
- In accordance with the service specific descriptions of personal data files information may be disclosed for direct marketing purposes, as well as opinion polls and market research studies and other similar studies in accordance with applicable personal data provisions
7.Data Security and RetentionWe take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We use a secure, encrypted connection (using a TLS protocol) on all pages where you access or transmit personal information. Although Company uses reasonable efforts to help protect your information, transmission via the Internet is not always completely secure and Company cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Services. Except as otherwise set forth under applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access or other causes beyond our control. We retain the information collected via our Services until you choose to close your account. After that time, we may aggregate the data and retain it for analytical purposes. We may also retain your information on backup media to comply with applicable law, to support financial audits, to resolve disputes, to maintain compliance efforts and for other legitimate business reasons.
9.Your rightsShipParts.com is committed to providing You choices and control over data processing. In this section we list different ways of influencing data collection and processing.
9.1 Right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction, to object and to data portabilityYou have the right to check what kind of personal data has been collected about You. Upon Your request we will modify, remove or supplement any incorrect, unnecessary, incomplete or outdated personal data. You may also have a right to restrict the processing of Your personal data or when the processing is based on Our legitimate interests, to object the processing on grounds relating to Your particular situation. If Your personal data is being processed automatically based on Your consent or in connection with a contract between You and Us, You may request Your personal data to be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine- readable format and Your personal data to be transferred to another data controller, when technically feasible.
9.2 Right to withdraw consentIf the processing of Your personal data is based on Your consent, You have the right to withdraw Your consent to such processing at any time.
9.3 Right to file a complaintYou have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority in relation to Our processing of Your personal data.
11.Contacting ShipParts.comIf You have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or the use of Your personal data in ShipParts.com, please contact Us at: ShipParts.com